Monday, November 30, 2009

27 week 3 day growth ultrasound

Early this morning Tim and I had our 27 week 3 day growth ultrasound on the twins. Tim stayed over last night so that he was able to come with me this time which was nice for both of us. They are very active little girls, and it is so amazing how much difference two weeks can make. They looked much bigger, and their faces were more filled out. We even got to see Sophia's face this time! She kept trying to cover her face with her arm, because she is my shy one. I will post pictures soon. She is beautiful, just like her sister of course. Sophia measured 2lb 1oz and Cecilia measured 2lb 5oz. I was hoping for a little more weight, but I was extremely happy that they were at the two pound mark. This week marks our half way point, and I couldn't be happier. I know that my time here in the hospital is extremely important for my girls, but I anxious for this part to be over so that I can be home where I feel the best. I am definitely very homesick. I can't wait to see my daughters and to take them home for good. Knowing that I am almost half way through this make me more hopeful and excited. Tomorrow is the first day of December and my girls are due to come out the last day of December. I have a feeling it might seem like a long month but really it is going to fly by. I'm hoping to have exact date for the c-section set in the next couple weeks. We ordered our first crib online today. I will feel better when Tim gets it set up at home. I was visited by both my brother-in-laws and their wives this weekend, and they surprised us with two car seats that Tim's side of the family all pitched in money for as Christmas gifts. We were so relieved! They are great car seats and will be perfect even for our tiny babies. We are so grateful to everyone for being so generous, more grateful than words can say. Our weekend was wonderful, and I got to spend a lot of time with Tim. We ordered out for Thanksgiving and although we missed our families, we took the time to be together and reflect on the ways our lives are soon going to change drastically. We are so excited to start our family together. More to come!

4 comments:

  1. 4 weeks sis... you can do it! :) i love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are helping us to feel like we are right there with you and not here in Alaska. Keep up the great work you are doing! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to meet my little ladies. I feel connected to them already, I just can't wait to hold them and watch them grow! I miss you and I hope I get to see you this weekend. <3 ya lots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like things are going well! So glad to hear it :0)

    ReplyDelete