Sunday, November 15, 2009

Day 10 and 25 week ultrasound

Here it is day 10. I can be proud of ten days completed, or I can dread the 46 or so days that I still have ahead of me. To be honest, I find myself doing both depending on the day or mood. Although I can say that the twins' continued well being and successful growth development has started to pick away at the more pessimistic parts of me. It is hard to be pessimistic when my daughters and I beat the odds every day that they stay inside me growing nice and big. I am trying to find creative ways to pass my time, and I have tried to learn knitting (status update: still learning). I am making my way through a crossword puzzle book that a nice volunteer brought me. I am reading two different books right now, and I spend way too much time on the internet. I don't know what I would do without my laptop. I am trying to get motivated to pick up some writing again. The first week away from Tim was very hard on me, and I don't really see it getting much easier. He brings me such happiness and being away from him I don't feel quite whole. Seeing him this weekend was wonderful though, and we continue to get very excited about the arrival of our girls and the start of our family. I had an ultrasound that mapped the twins' growth on Friday morning. It was amazing to see what a difference three weeks made. They looked like they had started to develop some fat, and they were extremely active. When we first started looking at them, Sophia had Cecilia's hand in her month. I guess they are learning to share from the womb! They were very close together with Cecilia pretty much on top of Sophia, and Sophia's body was turned away from us again. It was heartwarming to see them though, moving their arms and yawning, and looking precious. Cecilia was 1 pound 11 ounces and Sophia was 1 pound 12 ounces which is apparently good for their gestational age. The pictures are of only Cecilia, but we can assume that Sophia looks very much look her sister. The nurses all tell me that their heart rates are excellent and are measuring on average equivalent to what they would expect for babies of 30 weeks gestation. That is fantastic, but it does mean that they have to continue doing so well. I am hopeful for lots more growth the next two weeks, and I am crossing my fingers for at least 2 pounds each by the next ultrasound. I will update next week as long as there isn't any news before then...let's hope it stays nice and boring.

2 comments:

  1. boring is good! i'll take boring for about 4 more weeks at least :) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...ah sisters....I had one and our two girls had such a fun time growing up....they are still best friends...I can only imagine how close Sophia and Cecilia are and will be...Love & Blessings Phil & Kristin

    ReplyDelete